December 4, 2008

Three-dimensional quilled bird miniature

Bird. 3D quilling

This yellow bird is my new three-dimensional quilled work. When I was skimming through my new book on 3D quilling — Three-Dimensional Quilling: Making Characters — for the first time, two ideas popped into my head right away: a fish and a birdie.

Bird. 3D quilling (detail)

It's made from regular 3 mm (1/8 inch) wide quilling strips, its legs from toothpicks. The tail and wings are made using the method of alternate looping. I cut along the strip at the back of the crest to get three 1 mm wide "feathers". The bird's eyes are made from narrow 1.5 mm strips, actually they are regular strips cut in half lengthwise. The height of the bird is about 6 cm (2 3/8 inch) without the pedestal.

Bird. 3D quilling (top view)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I just happened on your blog and took a nice visit throught it. I enjoyed your quilling, lots of fun ideas. I would like to put a link on my blog (www.quillingwithwhimsiquills.com) to yours; Come and visit my blog and let me know if you would like me to put your link up.I am in the United States, I also have a web site http://www.Whimsiquills.com with links to other quilling friends. Take a look and let me know if you are interested in being added. Thanks
Pat Caputo

Custom Quilling Supplies said...

Inna,
You come up with such unique ideas, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

This little guy is a real cutie.... I wonder how he'd look in different colors?

Once again great quilling!

Keep on Quillin',
Denise
http://customquilling.blogspot.com

Inna D. said...

Thank you so much Pat, Denise!

Carolina~ said...

Chile:
ey! tienes muchas cosas bellas.tengo 16 años y desde los 13 o antes creo ke practiko filigrana.o quilling, da igual.me sigo por revistas o imagenes de internet, thank you.todo este material me sera de ayuda.bye

Inna D. said...

Thank you Carolina! Please show your works if you can.

Anonymous said...

inna, i'd just like to tell you i love your work! you should know that your EXTREMELY talented! never ever give up quilling! i adore and admire you, and so far ive made quite a few things of your blog. your my role model for my quilling future, as im only 13, and quilling is my hobby (: please keep posting!