December 4, 2008

Homemade Hanukiah with jugs

Hanukiah with jugs

Let me tell you an almost detective story :) Hanukkah was already coming, but we still didn't have a Hanukiah for our older daughter to take to the kindergarten. So, when it became impossible to postpone making one any more, I went to the crafts store and bought 9 small clay jugs. Then I had a wooden plank painted orange with watercolours. In its middle I glued a small wooden stand for the Shamash, then glued the jugs onto the plank. To decorate the Hanukiah I painted a girl's face on each jug. Next morning the child went to the kindergarten with her new Hanukiah. Happy end :)

Hanukiah with jugs (detail)

More Hanukiah ideas:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very clever and just tooo cute.

Inna D. said...

Thanks :)